Along with your advocate, if you have one, identify the resources who can provide you with the information that you require to accelerate time-to-value. Early on discover who the financial, infrastructure, tickets, application, etc. contacts are. When you know who your SORs are, evaluate their bandwidth to determine how best to assign resource time and schedule tasks. This will help you manage your expectations.
When you establish who your sponsor and SORs may be,
- Create a clear definition of how you plan to communicate with them
- Define what your expectations are
- Inform them how they can best communicate with you
- Outline how you expect them to share required data
- Create a “check-in” or “standup” type schedule
- Provide them with logins, permissions, tools, and training if needed
If possible, create ways to automate as many processes as possible. If the SORs are concerned about data security, discuss with them ways that you can ensure that their data is protected.