Dear Community Members,
In this week’s Learn PPM with Rego, we’ll explore five CA PPM questions and answers. You can also find a list of free training and our upcoming events at the bottom of this post.
- Why am I getting a XOG Error?
- What causes portlet/object changes to be invisible in all apps?
- Can you add a DWH Parameterized Lookup?
- How do team members get the rights to view projects?
- How can we retain the formatting of a large string in GEL email?
We love your input (always).
1. Why am I getting a XOG error? I’ve looked at the file, but I don’t have any bad characters and all attribute code is 20 chars or less.
The reason this is failing is because the validation (just let me find that developer) fails with that error, if you have the code and column name for the attribute in all UPPER_CASE.
2. What causes portlet/object changes to be invisible in all apps, even after changes are published? The maintenance team has checked that the beacon service is up and running.
It means multicasting itself is not working. If you clear the caches, it’s likely to start working.
3. Has anyone added a parameterized lookup to the DWH, where the parameter is optional? Anytime I include this, the Load DWH jobs (full and incremental) fail.
This appears to be a DWH bug. CA’s response has been to ignore these fields until you’re on 15.1. We have yet to test it in 15.1 and will publish to this post once we do. If you’ve already tested, you’re most welcome to share your experience.
4. I might be losing it, but I thought that when someone was added to the team on a project they could see the project in the list view, open the project and view some basic information about it. Is that not correct? If not, what’s the recommend security setup to allow team members to view projects?
That functionality requires that you have the project option—to add team members as participants—turned on.
5. Is there a way to retain large string formatting in GEL Email?
The formatting in the attribute is as follows . . .
When I display it in process message, it shows up as . . .
But, in the email it appears as . . .
The email script is . . .
Try resolving this using the <email:email> tag. HTML tags are not required.
The gel:email tag should work when you put the text within <pre> tag, which preserves pre-formatted text.
Count Down to CA World
Rego is releasing 50 CA PPM training items from the regoXchange to celebrate the countdown to CA World! This week you can download quick reference cards (QRCs) for Accessing and Launching the Schedulers, Accessing and Updating Project Properties, Accessing Projects and Creating Filters, Adding Resources and Roles, and a Project Management Course. Choose the CA PPM materials you want here.
Go on a Journey with a Rego Guide.
Attendance is Free and Limited. See Available Times at the Links Below.
What’s new in Jaspersoft 6.2.1?
Jaspersoft 6.2.1 has new features! Did you miss the live event? It’s not too late to find out what’s new. View the Rego Webinar On Demand.
PDMA in Atlanta, GA: October 16 – 19, 2016.
Learn about Metrics that Matter for New Product Development from Rego’s Atul Kunkulol. Use Rego’s code RC20OFF16 to get 20% off your registration.
Meisterplan Webinar: Oct 26 @ 12:00PM EST.
Presented by IT Design, Citrix, & Rego. Meisterplan is the CA PPM portfolio add-on from itdesign for prioritizing, selecting, and governing Portfolios based on strong metrics. See a live demo, and hear how Citrix has used Meisterplan to overcome challenges and streamline work processes. *Seats are Limited to the First 100 Registrants.
CampIT in Dallas, TX: Nov 2-3, 2016.
CA World in Las Vegas, NV: Nov 14-18, 2016.
Rego Main Booth: 607 /// regoUniversity Booth: 602 /// Agile with Icon Booth: 605.
regoUniversity 2017 at La Cantera Resort & Spa – San Antonio, TX: April 23-27, 2017.
Receive hands-on CA PPM Training with hundreds of companies who use the tool daily. Click here for Early Bird Pricing.