Case Study: Project and portfolio management systems required an overhaul
Industry: Food Processing
Clarity Use: Project Management Office (PMO), Capital Engineering, Learning and Development
The client’s project and portfolio management systems required an overhaul because the homegrown solution for project financials and time tracking no longer met the CIO’s needs. Additionally, the newly formed PMO sought to gain efficiencies and implement resource management. After reviewing the requirements, the client chose Clarity.
The client’s initial deployment consisted of the following:
- Integrate Clarity with existing HR system for user provisioning
- Design a Project request intake process via Microsoft Power Apps and Ideas in Clarity
- Capture project financials components, including resource rates, timesheet actuals, labor and non-labor cost via Clarity and bi-directional SAP integration
- Create Resource and Portfolio Management
- Subsequent enhancements to the system included integration with Rally Software, Microsoft Project integration, and expansion into the Capital Engineering and Learning and Development departments
The client’s Project Managers now have the ability to:
- Capture monthly project cost-effectively and record, approve, and plan for business project requests
- Understand the pipeline to make appropriate resource capacity and demand decisions
- Document project plans, schedules, and status consistently across the organizations regardless of if the teams are working in a Waterfall or Agile project management methodology.