*Article revised April 6, 2020 to update the Broadcom Clarity PPM SaaS Transition Blog Series list.
If you have not received a formal notice, we want to inform you of Broadcom’s plan to migrate all Clarity PPM SaaS clients to the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with a Postgres database backend. Broadcom has been working on this migration for almost a year to ensure it has minimal impact on customers.
All new customers will be set up in the new data center beginning January 28, 2020. Transitions, based in the U.S., will start in March of 2020; this is a change from the original transition date of January 2020. Other regions will have slightly different timelines.
We’d like to invite you to contact us to set up a planning meeting to ensure you are ready for the migration.
Clarity PPM SaaS Transition Blog Series
Broadcom created a new Clarity PPM SaaS Transition Blog series, which provides updates regarding the Clarity PPM SaaS transition to the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). The blogs are located in the Broadcom Community platform discussions area.
Broadcom’s blogs are listed below:
- Clarity PPM SaaS Transition: Overview
- Clarity PPM SaaS Transition: Pre-Transition Activities
- Clarity PPM SaaS Transition: Activities During Transition
- Clarity PPM SaaS Transition: GCP Authentication Methods – Part 1
- Clarity PPM SaaS Transition: GCP Authentication Methods – Part 2
- Clarity PPM SaaS Transition: GCP Authentication Methods – Part 3
- Clarity SaaS Transition: Post Transition Activities
Clarity PPM SaaS Migration—Key Points
- Broadcom will contact you directly to schedule your migration and will be responsible for the following:
- Providing a “high touch” service
- Handling all code changes
- Assigning you a single point of contact to ensure a smooth transition
- For each customer, a single non-production environment will be established in the Google Cloud Platform data center. This environment will be upgraded to 15.7.1 using a copy of your production database. The supporting database and customer data will be migrated/converted from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
- U.S.-based migrations will begin in March of 2020; the original migration date was January of 2020. Other regions have slightly different timelines.
- All Clarity data and configurations/integrations will be migrated, including the remediation of custom SQL and NSQL to Postgres in lookups, queries, GEL, and reports (Jaspersoft Studio Reports, Studio Inputs, Ad Hoc Views, and Domains).
- You’ll need to remediate impact to the non-Clarity side of your integrations, as the URLs, SFTP locations, and database will change.
Rego is Ready to Support Your Clarity PPM SaaS Migration
Rego wants to ensure all customers are prepared for the upcoming migration. Customers can start immediately by taking the following actions:
- Understanding the end-user impacts that will come with the mandatory upgrade and plan the necessary training materials and classes needed to support new or changed functionality.
- Understanding the potential impacts by documenting all items that will be impacted by the URL/hosting change as well as the database change.
- Reducing the impact by removing those configurations that are no longer used.
Rego can assist with these critical preparation efforts to ensure you are ready for a smooth transition. We understand this migration must be carefully planned. We would like to setup a meeting with you at your earliest convenience to answer any questions you may have.
During the migration in 2020, Rego can also provide services to handle project management, testing, training, remediation, and general best practice guidance.
We’re ready to help you build a strategy for slotting this migration into your Clarity PPM release roadmap, and we can send you helpful content such as a detailed FAQ and a high-level PowerPoint that describe the impacts of the change.
Let Rego Be Your Guide
Rego Consulting is the world’s number one reseller of Clarity PPM. We provide services to 70% of Clarity PPM’s North American customer base. With more than 200 expert guides, Rego has helped hundreds of organizations achieve a higher return on their Clarity PPM investment, including 50% of Fortune 100 companies and 70% of Fortune 20 companies. Our focus on value, including pre-built solutions and senior consultants, drives down the cost of implementation, development, and support. Our services cost 20% to 40% less than competitors. Contact us today to see how we can help you gain measurable ROI from your PPM investment