In case you have not received formal notice, we wanted to alert you to Broadcom’s plans to migrate all Clarity PPM SaaS clients to the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with a Postgres database backend. Broadcom has been working on this migration for almost a year to ensure it has minimal impact to customers.
We’d like to invite you to contact us to setup a planning meeting to ensure you are ready for the migration.
Clarity PPM SaaS Migration—Key Points
- Broadcom will contact you directly to schedule your migration. They’ll provide a “high touch” service and handle all code changes.
- For each customer, a single non-production environment will be established in the GCP data center. This environment will be upgraded to 15.7.1 using a copy of your production database. The supporting database and customer data will be migrated/converted from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
- US-based migrations will take place on March of 2020; the original migration date was January of 2020. Other regions have slightly different timelines.
- All Clarity data and configurations/integrations will be migrated, including the remediation of custom SQL and NSQL to Postgres in lookups, queries, GEL, and reports (Jaspersoft Studio Reports, Studio Inputs, Ad Hoc Views, & Domains).
- You’ll need to remediate impact to the non-Clarity side of your integrations, as the URLs, SFTP locations, and database will change.
- Broadcom will assign you a single point of contact to ensure a smooth transition.
Rego is Ready to Support Your Clarity PPM SaaS Migration
With an aggressive schedule, Rego wants to ensure all customers are prepared for the upcoming migration. Customers can start immediately by taking the following actions:
- Understanding the end user impacts that will come with the mandatory upgrade, and plan the necessary training materials and classes needed to support new or changed functionality.
- Understanding the potential impacts by documenting all items that will be impacted by the URL/hosting change as well as the database change
- Reducing the impact by removing those configurations that are no longer being used
Rego can assist with these critical preparation efforts to ensure you are ready for a smooth transition. We understand this migration must be carefully planned. We would like to set up a meeting with you at your earliest convenience to answer any questions you may have.
During the migration in 2020, Rego can also provide services to handle project management, testing, training, remediation, and general best practice guidance.
We’re ready to help you build a strategy for slotting this migration into your Clarity PPM release roadmap, and we can send you helpful content such as a detailed FAQ and a high level Powerpoint that describe the impacts of the change.
Let Rego Be Your Guide
Rego Consulting is the top reseller of Clarity PPM and the global leader for Clarity PPM services. With more than 200 expert guides, Rego has helped hundreds of organizations achieve a higher return on their Clarity PPM investment, including 50% of Fortune 100 companies and 70% of Fortune 20 companies. We’ll help you gain measurable ROI from your investment while driving down the cost of implementation, development, and support. Join our mailing list below.