Governance involves directing the current and future use of your IT assets to ensure maximum value for your business. This includes strategy and solution architecture that aligns your organization’s goals and objectives, along with best-practice guidance for supporting and running the technology at an optimum cost-to-efficacy ratio.
Establishing Platform Governance early on is critical to maintaining proper focus on your IT goals, generating faster ROI, and saving time and money by creating and analyzing performance metrics. In short, the sooner you establish governance, the faster you can begin aligning ServiceNow to your enterprise goals, in both the short and long term.
The following chart outlines Rego’s approach to Platform Governance.
Rego’s comprehensive Platform Governance service includes the following:
- Practical guidance on the best use of the ServiceNow platform and applications in your current digital ecosystem
- Incorporation of processes that reduce and prevent technical debt, including excessive customizations and prioritizing out-of-the-box (OOTB) functionality
- Identification, configuration, and deployment of unused ServiceNow applications and capability. Our expert guides can help you determine if you’re achieving full functionality out of the platform
- Strategy, road mapping, release planning, and solution architecture
- Evaluation of business needs and comprehensive – and comprehensible – direction on which ServiceNow components will best meet those needs
- Best practices in solution design and making sure the principles adopted are easy to remember and permissive enough to allow adaptability
- Quarterly assessments and planning with your teams. This provides you with cost-effective, fixed-cost staffing from Rego for a fraction of equivalent FTEs at your organization. Rego also includes oversight of internal development or other partners